atom feed14 messages in net.sourceforge.lists.saxon-help[saxon] JDBC Connection Failure
FromSent OnAttachments
Alan.ScottNov 4, 2011 12:32 pm
Michael KayNov 5, 2011 5:01 pm
Olivier LefevreNov 5, 2011 5:29 pm
Michael KayNov 6, 2011 2:09 am
Alan.ScottMar 5, 2012 2:13 pm
Michael KayMar 5, 2012 3:33 pm
Alan.ScottMar 6, 2012 10:02 am
Alan.ScottMar 6, 2012 10:03 am
Michael KayMar 6, 2012 10:33 am
Alan.ScottMar 6, 2012 11:03 am
Clapham, PaulMar 6, 2012 12:12 pm
Alan.ScottMar 6, 2012 12:38 pm
Michael KayMar 6, 2012 1:30 pm
Alan ScottMar 6, 2012 1:39 pm.zip
Subject:[saxon] JDBC Connection Failure
From:Alan.Scott (alan@pintail.com)
Date:Nov 4, 2011 12:32:39 pm
List:net.sourceforge.lists.saxon-help

I have a Java application that calls an xslt stylesheet to load xml data into a MySql database. It has worked fine until a few weeks ago. Now the xslt throws a JDBC Connection Failure error:

Error on line 11 of customLoader.xslt: SXSQ0003: JDBC Connection Failure: com/mysql/jdbc/Driver in variable connection (file:/C:/XMLValidator/src/resources/xml/customLoader.xslt#10) at xsl:apply-templates (file:/C:/XMLValidator/src/resources/xml/customLoader.xslt#24) processing /Report/Tests[1]/Test[1]

The line in question is: <xsl:variable name="connection" as="java:java.sql.Connection" xmlns:java="http://saxon.sf.net/java-type"> <sql:connect driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver" database="jdbc:mysql://[host]/[database]" user="[username]" password="[password]">

- The remote database is running - I can telnet into the database remotely using the user/password - I have full privileges on remote database. - I use the same JDBC driver/connection in another Java application to the same remote host with no problem - The only difference between the 2 applications is that one connects directly using Java code and the other connects using the xslt's xsl/sql code. - Since this is not a NoClassDefFound error for the Driver I'm assuming this is not a classpath issue.

Would you have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this error. Any help is appreciated.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ RSA(R) Conference 2012 Save $700 by Nov 18 Register now http://p.sf.net/sfu/rsa-sfdev2dev1